Awards ApplicantsApplication Levels, Recognition Tiers, and Award Recipients. KAPE uses the leading-edge Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence as the framework for fulfilling its mission is to help organizations across Pennsylvania improve their performance and outcomes.
ExaminersKAPE examiners give their time generously and enthusiastically as members of the board. Examiners make major contributions, both to the state effort to recognize and promote performance excellence and to their employing organizations.
10th Annual Awards Banquet & ConferenceNovember 4 & 5, 2015 About the Venue: The conference venue is the Toftrees Resort & Conference Center in State College, PA. About the Conference: Attend and learn from current and former Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Recipients in addition to our KAPE Award Recipients This two-day conference features keynote presentations from 2014 Baldrige Award Recipients.
MembersBecome a Member. Members receive discounts for all KAPE programs, educational events, and annual Performance Excellence Conference; receive newsletters, announcements, etc. KAPE’s Mission is to be the catalyst for performance excellence in all sectors of the Pennsylvania economy.
Who We Are
The Keystone Excellence Award is based on the eleven Core Values that are the foundation of the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence. These values and concepts are the foundation for integrating key business and organizational requirements within a results-oriented framework. The core values and concepts are:
- Visionary leadership
- Managing for innovation
- Customer-driven excellence
- Management by fact
- Organizational and personal learning
- Societal responsibility
- Valuing workforce members and partners
- Focus on results and creating value
- Systems perspective
- Focus on the future
- Encourage Pennsylvania organizations to assess their practices and improvement processes using the Criteria
- Recognize organizations that practice outstanding processes and measurable continuous improvement toward performance excellence
- Disseminate information and encourage sharing of best practices
- Promote the understanding and requirements of customer-focused performance excellence
- Encourage partnerships among all organizations in business, education, health care and not-for-profit sectors toward performance excellence
- Improve the economic well-being and quality of life in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania